Bulletin Number 16 November 2007
Much has happened since Bulletin 15. The Norwegian’s have decided not to make a formal bid to host Our World Championships in 2008. Owen Ellis has been persuaded to remain as Vice President (Asia). Our new Webmaster, Cathy Godicheau, has transformed our web site and we have now started an on line consultation and voting forum – make sure you have registered to take part.
As usual this Bulletin will be circulated to as many people as possible but please pass it on to anyone who you think may be interested. If you have any comments arising from this Bulletin please direct them to your Representative (a list will appear later in this Bulletin) who will raise them with the WHF Secretary. In this way we can be more structured with our communications and keep everyone informed.
Although a little premature may take this opportunity to wish you and your families a very merry Christmas and prosperous New Year. However and where ever you choose to celebrate the festive season, have a great time.
Tony Drake JP. President of the World Hovercraft Federation.
URGENT GOOD NEWS
World Championships 2008:
· We are very pleased to announce that Sweden has come forward with a bid to host our World Championships in 2008. After consultation with our member countries the WHF this bid has been accepted.
· The dates for the World Championships are 20th to 24th August 2008
· The event will be held at Flottsbro (the same venue as the EHF events in Sweden 2005 and 2007)
· The proposed formulae are as follows :
o Formula 1
o Formula 2
o Formula 50
o Formula S
o Formula J
o Formula 3 will only be held if we have enough drivers (as per the WHF meeting 2006, France)
· Very regrettably it is not possible to host Endurance Racing (ER) at these Championships. This is entirely due to the fact there is insufficient time at the event within the official permit from the host country.
· Registration details, final registration dates and entry fees (predicted to be in the region of 50 to 80 € per craft) etc., will be announced towards the end of January on a new web site which will be constructed by the Swedish Club.
· There is a limited amount of accommodation in log cabins at the race site and details of these together with all camping fees will be as posted on the Flottsbro website (www.flottsbo.com) early in the new year.
· The Swedish Hover Club is a very efficient albeit small club. They will need help with their organization both before and during the event. If you are asked to help please do your very best to do so.
· The WHF wish our friends in the Swedish Hover Club every success with this event.
Future Endurance Racing:
· In view of the fact that there cannot be Endurance Racing at the World Championships in Sweden the WHF would like to hold a World Championship ER organized at an alternative venue in a different country in 2008 or 2009. It would be great if this could be hosted at the same time as an attempt on the World Speed record. Please give this some thought and if your Country would like to host either or both these events please get in touch with our Secretary who’s details are at the end of this Bulletin.
WHF Web site and forum:
· We now have a very vibrant and up to date website. We have recently added a discussion forum and voting facility. It can be found on our usual web site at www.worldhovercraftfederation.org please take a moment to register
· Either go to our web site and follow the links or insert the following into your web browser http://worldhovercraftfederation.org/forum.php
· Initially you can read the contents of the topics but will have no way to give your opinion until you register.
· Please take the time to register, we need to know:
- the Username you want,
- the password that will guarantee you are the only user of the login name,
- the confirmation of your password,
- your last name,
- your first name,
- your email address,
- your country,
- the language you will prefer to use,
- and SUBMIT your registration.
· You will receive an email with a confirmation key and a link to validate your registration.
· You will receive an email to confirm your login and password for you to keep with your records.
· You will then be able to login to the forum and be able to give your opinion on the forum topics.
WHF Web site and forum (continued):
· Every week, a check will be made to see if a “Country Representative” delegate has registered and we automatically will give them their rights to vote.
· Each time we will call for a vote, we will first check that any one entitled to vote has their voting rights confirmed.
· If you have any difficulties with the Forum please contact our Technical Director, Jean-Francois Berry at email@example.com
· Please give us your opinion on any subject.
· If you want to add a subject, please send our Technical Director your topic as a text file (txt) at firstname.lastname@example.org and he will introduce your topic in the two languages as soon as possible.
Specialized WHF hovercraft marshals:
As mentioned in the last Bulletin, in order to improve the safety and control of WHF events it has been decided to compile a register of suitable marshals and officials from principally European Clubs. Michael Rausch will be coordinating this and will shortly be approaching Clubs for their recommendations. Please be ready with your information when he contacts you, or get in first by e-mailing him at email@example.com
Marshals and officials will be selected for both their marshalling expertise and inter-personal skills. Apart from marshalling at events they will be asked to train marshals provided by host countries. In this way we can increase the standard of our sport world wide.
Member Country Delegates:
Australia Peter Streader firstname.lastname@example.org
Belgium Michel Thiry email@example.com
Canada Ross Wease firstname.lastname@example.org
Denmark Uffe Andersen email@example.com
France Denis Ragot firstname.lastname@example.org
Germany Michael Rausch email@example.com
Great Britain Chris Barlow firstname.lastname@example.org
Indonesia (*) Soegiarto Soejatono email@example.com
Ireland David Ryan firstname.lastname@example.org
Italy Michele Scanavino email@example.com
Japan Kazutoyo Matsuda firstname.lastname@example.org
Japan Japan Hovercraft Ass. email@example.com
Lebanon(*) Houssam Chamseddine firstname.lastname@example.org
Mauritius Siegi Scherrer email@example.com
Netherlands Christel Martens firstname.lastname@example.org
Norway Ornulf Ostbye email@example.com
Poland Jakub Furmanski firstname.lastname@example.org
Portugal Mario Gonzaga Ribeira email@example.com
Singapore (*) Captain Tommy Chia firstname.lastname@example.org
Slovakia Jaroslav Balaz email@example.com
South Africa Francois Malan firstname.lastname@example.org
Sweden Kenneth Dahlgren email@example.com
USA Kent Gano firstname.lastname@example.org
(*) members who have to confirm their email and general information.
(**) a new member is waiting for his agreement by the board at the next internet vote.
6681 VP Bemmel
Tel: +31 481-450471